Budget travel Bhutan – Things to know before you tour Bhutan

Planning a trip to Bhutan? Use this article to discover all the things to know before you tour Bhutan. These travel tips for Bhutan, the 6-day Bhutan itinerary, and all the useful information are presented by Vinod from Budget Travel Plans.

Find out how to budget travel Bhutan from this article! From what to wear in Bhutan to tips for solo travelers, from a 6-day itinerary for Bhutan to the weather in Bhutan and tips for Bhutan, all is covered.

Budget travel Bhutan – Things to know before you tour Bhutan

Introduction about Bhutan

Bhutan is situated in the eastern portion of the Himalayas and is one of the least populated nations in Asia with only eight lakh individuals throughout the country.

The Bhutan border is encircled by territory on all sides, with one side being shared with Tibet (China), and the other side being shared with India.

The capital of Bhutan is Thimpu, and it is the most populated city in Bhutan. The national language is Dzongkha, and the local currency is Ngultrum.

Most of the people in Bhutan pursue Buddhism, and we can say Bhutan as a Buddhist country. That is, 75% of people follow Buddhism, and the remaining 25% follow Hinduism.

Bhutan is famous for well designed Monastries, beautiful dzongs and also for activities such as trekkings and it is one of the cheapest Asian countries for tourists! There are many places to visit in Bhutan – as you’ll see below in this article.

Bhutan Government has strict policies in tourism. Unlike other countries, you cannot directly come and tour Bhutan, unless you are from India, Bangladesh, and the Maldives.

It is a strict rule that you have to contact any of the Government authorized tour operators to visit Bhutan.

Bhutan Government has a fixed standard price of 250$ per visitor per day.
There are more than a thousand tour operators available in Bhutan, and almost every operator has the same price approximately (only there will be a few dollars difference).

It may feel like the fee is on the higher side. But, for 250$ you will get 3* hotel accommodation, full-day meals, full sightseeing covered including cab, entry charges and also a government licensed tourist guide.